Boost your dental education by studying the postgraduate dentistry programmes at the LDi, where both key skills for health and education combine to maximise your career path choices. Qualified dentists can choose from our UK-accredited PG Dip. courses and study from home wherever you are in the world.
Read on to discover why the London Dental Institute could be the best place for you to study for a dentistry degree as a Postgraduate and further your career.
Enhance Your Dental Education at the LDi
Get the best dental education possible at the LDi with unique Postgraduate dentistry courses, unlike any other institution in London. Boost your knowledge and general practice skills with our innovative curriculum. Build on your knowledge of basic biological principles, oral healthcare, and other key skills needed to enhance your dental profession.
Which Dentistry Programmes Are Available?
Dental students looking to gain their UK Postgraduate Diploma can choose to study
Aesthetic & Restorative Dentistry, Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics, and more with our innovative programmes. Our 12-month part-time online learning courses offer training in many different dentistry methods so you can provide your patients with extended treatments with a strong base of applicable skills.
What Are the Entry Requirements?
To study at the LDi and enrol on any of our Postgraduate Diploma courses, the entry requirements are as follows:
- You must possess a primary dental qualification (e.g., dentistry BDS course or equivalent) from an accredited dental school or university.
- Hold a minimum of one year’s experience as a registered dental practitioner.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency (if English is not your first language).
Unlike other dental schools, no visa is required to study for a dentistry degree at the LDi.
Who Are LDi Courses For?
LDi Postgraduate Diploma courses are for any dental professional who wants to upgrade their continuing professional development (CPD courses) without the need to stop working in their dental practice. Each course is tailored to fit your schedule, and flexibility is encouraged as you learn remotely in just 12 months with access to excellent resources and tutors.
Dentists who wish to pursue a higher level of care for their patients, as well as build on their experience, can justify this with a UK Level 7 Accreditation included in all of our PG Dip. courses.
Study Dentistry from Anywhere in the World
Study dentistry at the LDi from anywhere in the world with remote learning for your Postgraduate Diploma. Our unique online learning approach ensures accessibility and is open to students globally. Study online and in your own time with world-class facilities without the need to stop working at your clinical practice.
World Class Resources
The LDi offers several cutting-edge educational resources to make sure you make the most out of your time and work towards your next academic achievement.
- VLE (Virtual Learning Environment): Our comprehensive online learning platform offers hours of dedicated lectures, clinical guides, and more.
- Bespoke App: Access all the necessary study materials for your course on the go and study at a time that suits you with the LDi.
- Expert Advice: Upload your cases via a dedicated online platform for unlimited support from our staff of expert tutors and lecturers from our dental team of teachers.
- Live Study Clubs: Participate in Live Study Clubs via Zoom and discuss your findings and the course material with other students.
- Practical Training: Gain essential skills with our Practical Training Kit, and learn about body systems with a scientific basis with state-of-the-art dental materials.
Study Wherever You Are
Pick your own study period with remote learning designed to enhance your dentistry skills, expand your knowledge of human sciences, learn oral surgery techniques, and build on early clinical experience. All Postgraduate courses at LDi are designed to complement the schedule of a working dental professional, and our 12-month part-time programmes can be completed remotely. International students are also welcome to study with us, provided they meet the entry requirements.
Why is London Such a Popular Place to Study?
London is hugely popular among domestic and international students for multiple reasons. The option to study in the capital is highly appealing to many dentists who want to boost their careers in one of the best places in the world to obtain a Postgraduate Diploma. London is home to many top dental schools, including Queen Mary University of London, King’s College London, and St Thomas’ Hospital, among many other institutions.
Read on to learn about just some of the reasons why the LDi is a top choice for dentists who want to enhance their clinical skills:
- London is home to the LDi, one of the most accessible and top-quality dental schools in the country.
- All Postgraduate courses we offer are internationally recognised qualifications, so your dental career prospects can blossom anywhere in the world.
- Study online with the LDi’s unique online learning approach, and learn remotely with high-quality resources.
- Learn without the worry of exorbitant costs with the LDi’s competitive tuition fees.
- Gain your PG Dip. within 12 months on a part-time basis, without having to stop working.
- Build on your knowledge of dentistry, medicine, the psychology of your patients, as well as oral health and hygiene as you study your course online and work towards your PG Dip.
A Great Place to Live & Study
The LDi sits inside the capital of the UK, where iconic sights and attractions are never far away. With the Thames River, the London Eye, Big Ben, and the Houses of Parliament, it’s hard not to feel like you’re learning just by experiencing everything the city has to offer. London’s diverse population is a key selling point, with many cultures living and working within its borders, and it’s the perfect place for complementary educational activities.
The London Dental Institute
The LDi is situated in the very heart of London. As one of the biggest capital cities in the world, it has always been a popular place to live, study, and explore. The LDi is a dental school with top-quality education, and although the majority of the study is online remote learning, there are opportunities to visit London during your Postgraduate Diploma studies, too.
The LDi offers a face-to-face practical teaching conference in London as an optional supplement to your e-learning projects, with lectures and hands-on practical teaching.
Visit London at our 2024 Conference
From Sunday 18th to Saturday 24th February 2024, LDi students are invited to attend our Conference in London. Get a feel for studying in the capital and attend this unique week-long event. Take advantage of the opportunity to come together and develop skills centred around practical workshops using the latest state-of-the-art equipment in an enjoyable and interactive way.
About the Conference
The 2024 Conference focuses on Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics and includes the following unique events:
- Removable Orthodontic Appliances seminar and workshop from Dr Stefan Cloete
- Dental Photography seminar, including clinical photography, led by Dr Tim Zoltie
- Cephalometry workshop by Dr Lida Gamble
- Priority access to future events and online courses
- Social Events where you can meet like-minded colleagues, medical professionals, and lecturers from across the world
If you wish to attend the LDi Face-to-Face Teaching Conference, you can choose to attend for anywhere between 1-7 days when you purchase your ticket.
Book Your Conference Place Today
There are limited place numbers so that it can remain a personalised, hands-on, and highly enjoyable event. Don’t miss out; book your place or look up further information today and discover everything that London and the LDi have to offer.